Woodcote Park, Epsom
We are looking for an experienced Gardener who is passionate about horticulture to join our Gardening team. As part of the team, you will jointly be responsible for maintaining and developing the gardens and public spaces at our country estate near Epsom, whilst respecting its unique heritage.
- To implement the day to day order of works to ensure gardens are at the required standard
- Maintain standard operating procedures for the gardens against agreed Standard Operating Procedures and departmental policy
- Liaise with Head Gardener on the upkeep and maintenance of estate grounds and gardens
- Manage all the estate garden areas (beds, borders, hedges, lawns, containers, etc…)
- Ensure all Health & Safety systems protect and promote a safe working environment
- Communicate clearly & respectfully to members on issues relating to the gardens
- Horticulture qualification – NVQ 2 or RHS level 2 or equivalent work experience
- Full driving licence essential
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing gardens to high standard
- Demonstrable managing annuals, perennials, shrubs, etc.
- Previous experience in identifying plant pest and diseases
- Experience in pruning
- Proven experience in using hand held machinery
- Desirable previous experience in woodland gardens or forestry along with chainsaw licence
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis, and close the role early if we have sucessfully appointed a candidate.