Pall Mall, London
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Receptionist to join our dynamic team at this unique Private Members Club. Our Pall Mall clubhouse in the heart of London offers a sanctuary for our members and with an array of bars, restaurants and sports facilities, it becomes a home from home for many.
You will be the first point of contact for our members and guests therefore a professional, enthusiastic, outgoing personality is a prerequisite for this position.
Role Responsibilities include:
- To provide a unique and individual arrival experience for members and their guests.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with all departments in the Club, assisting when required in resolving problems.
- To have an understanding of revenue and expense lines, operating within those boundaries
- Keep updated with club information (current menu promotions, sales etc.) and events being held on daily basis.
- Knowledge of all arrivals with special requirements and VIP guests.
- Proactive in identifying new service techniques to continually improve service to delight our members
- Communicate closely with all departments to ensure follow up on any member/guest requests and queries
- Ensure that calls, internal and external are answered promptly and professionally, recording messages accurately
- Live and promote the Club’s values and behaviours in accordance with the Club’s service culture
Our ideal candidate:
- Reception experience essential in a 5 star (or 4 star deluxe) hotel or a similar environment.
- Experience in Opera/Fidelio systems is preferable.
- Front Office function experience including; front desk customer facing services, reservations and switchboard.
- Excellent command of the English language both oral and written.
- Excellent presentation and attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Flexible, organised, approachable and proactive.
- An element of multi skilling applies to this role/department, it is essential to be able to adapt to other relevant departments.
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
Founded in 1897 with the aim of encouraging the development of motoring in Britain, today the Royal Automobile Club is one of London’s finest private members' clubs, combining over 100 years of luxury and tradition with exceptional facilities and outstanding service. Members enjoy unlimited access to two superb clubhouses; the Pall Mall clubhouse, in the very heart of London, contains a unique range of accommodation, dining and sporting facilities, including what is arguably the finest swimming pool in London.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions