Woodcote Park, Epsom
We are looking for a welcoming and enthusiastic Club Marshal to join our Epsom clubhouse.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Be visible around the clubhouse
- Support with answering calls during busy periods at reception and cover reception shifts when required
- Support and cover night reception shifts when required
- Ensure appropriate dress is worn as well as helping for directions and other queries
- Ensure Members and their guests behave in the appropriate manner as set in the Club rules and by-laws, tactfully enforcing them
- Listen, resolve and follow-up on any complaints and communicate to the relevant Manager
- Offer a professional and efficient service in respect of all customer service functions and to maintain a positive attitude in demanding situations
- Be alert and discreet with any security related matter and report any suspicious person to the Security Manager
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous experience working in a similar establishment
- Excellent communication skills
- To be able to empathise and remain calm under pressure
- Attention to detail
- To be sensitive to member needs at all times
- Demonstrable experience in customer service
- Confident in dealing with complaints
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis, and close the role early if we have sucessfully appointed a candidate.