Head Waiter / Restaurant Supervisor
Woodcote Park, Epsom
Our country clubhouse in the Surrey countryside is looking for an experienced Head Waiter/ Restaurant Supervisor to deliver exceptional service in one of our exclusive and fine dining restaurants. Offering a role with a wide variety of responsibilities in a fast paced environment this role is critical in delivering 5* service to our members at all times.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Deputise for Managers in their absence
- Deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all members and guests
- Liaise with the Managers on a daily basis, as to requirements or changes of the daily operation eg staffing, table plans, lay-up, menu and standards
- Ensure that all orders are correctly billed. Taking responsible for all monies, and balancing members accounts at end of shift in accordance with Clubhouse Financial Procedures.
- Comply and enforce the law in respect of the Licensing Act as applies to the Royal Automobile Club
- Take equal responsibility for training within the department in liaison with the managers
Our ideal candidate:
- Extensive previous experience in a similar role in a similar environment
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Organised and capable of handling complex logistics
- Basic food hygiene - level one & level 2
- Awareness of Licencing laws
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.