Pall Mall, London
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
Our clubhouse in the heart of London is looking for an experienced Head Waiter to deliver exceptional service in one of our exclusive and fine dining restaurants. Offering a role with a wide variety of responsibilities in a fast paced environment this role is critical in delivering 5* service to our members at all times.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all members and guests
- To ensure the effective running of your section and floor in absence of Manager/Assistant Manager
- Liaise with the Managers on a daily basis, as to requirements or changes of the daily operation eg staffing, table plans, lay-up, menu and standards
- Assist and supervise members of staff in order to provide a good standard of service
- To take equal responsibility for training within the department in liaison with the managers
- To ensure that employees carry out the daily mise en place, cleaning schedule and to maintain the operation to the highest standard
- Ensure that all orders are correctly billed. Taking responsible for all monies, and balancing members accounts at end of shift in accordance with Clubhouse Financial Procedures.
- Comply and enforce the law in respect of the Licensing Act as applies to the Royal Automobile Club
Our ideal candidate:
- Extensive previous experience in a similar role in a similar environment
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Organised and capable of handling complex logistics
- Basic food hygiene - level one & level 2
- Awareness of Licencing laws
- Good communication skills
- Numerical skills and experience of cash handling
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Pall Mall in the heart of the London we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.