Banqueting Assistant / Striker
Pall Mall, London
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
We are currently looking for a Banqueting Porter / Striker to be dedicated to delivering excellent standards in our Banqueting rooms and back of house areas in our exquisite clubhouse in Pall Mall. This role is key in ensuring the efficient running of the Banqueting Department and maintaining excellent service to our members at all times.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Prepare the banqueting rooms to set standards prior to service
- Move furniture where required – heavy lifting often involved
- Ensure all rooms are clean and tidy and carry out daily duties
- Answer any member queries courteously and efficiently
- Banqueting rooms to be set according to the function sheet requirements
- To vacuum and dust all banqueting rooms according to the standards in SOP manual
- Keep all equipment storage areas clear, tidy and free of debris including dry stores areas
- Collect and deliver items to the back door & collect and return all linen from the linen room.
- Be fully aware of chemical usage procedure in banqueting
- To carry out any other duties as requested by the Head Waiters and Operation Manager
- To demonstrate to agency staff the level of standards required
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in delivering high standards
- Experience and ability in moving commercial furniture and setting tables
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced 5* environment
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Team player and able to go the extra mile
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision
NB: anticipated hours are daytime shifts Monday to Friday but with flexibility required with times and days
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our Pall Mall clubhouse in the heart of London we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.