Sports Manager - Walled Garden
Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club are currently going through an exciting time transforming our Epsom clubhouse into a truly family friendly Country Club. We’ve heavily invested over the last few years and are now looking for an experienced manager to oversee the last stage of the transformation through to our grand opening in spring 2020 and the running of the facility ongoing.
This position has a start date of circa 1st December 2019 in order to embed and then start the team recruitment circa 1st Jan 2020.
- To oversee the daily operation of the Sports and Fitness facilities in order to deliver excellent levels of service and memorable sports experiences.
- Recruit and train the sports and fitness team to ensure that standards and objectives are met
- To provide clear communication to staff and members on operational matters.
- Manage the departmental costs in line with agreed budget on a monthly and weekly basis
- Manage external suppliers and contractors, in particular the swimming teachers and Contracted Cleaning Company
- Ensure effective communication and that all team members are kept informed of important events, promotions and member matters
- Maintain the Sports Area to the highest standard, ensuring that all items of maintenance and housekeeping are reported and followed through
- Ensure compliance with the rules of the Clubhouses Health and Safety Policy
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous extensive experience in a similar environment
- Strong management skills and a recognised leader
- Experience in recruiting, training and opening a facility highly desirable
- Leisure/Sport Management qualification desirable
- Previous involvement in Facilities Management
- Well organised and structured
- Strong communicator
- Adaptable and flexible
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.