Pall Mall, London
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Motoring team as a Heritage Manager. Based in our historic Pall Mall clubhouse with regular travel to our Epsom country clubhouse reporting into Head of Motoring this role will support the Club’s heritage activities.
This is a pivotal role in ensuring that the Club’s heritage collection is maintained to the highest of standards and developed to become one of the world’s foremost motoring resources. The Club’s motoring team organises over 80 motoring activities a year across both club houses and plays a key role in the Club’s purpose and future.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Manage the maintenance and development of the Archives, Library and other collections
- Ensuring the Archive and Catalogue are kept up to date
- Running the Club’s Archives, adding to collections and encouraging donations
- Working closely with Communications and Marketing to promote the Club’s collection to internal and external audiences
- Work with IT to ensure all systems for the collection provide an integrated experience for all users
- Maintain knowledge of the digital developments across the Collections, reinforcing the profile of the Club
- Develop and progress the strategy around the Club’s Collection through updating policies, development and accessibility.
- Reinforce and suggest improvements where necessary in the best practice of records management and administration
- Line manage three direct reports including Club Librarian and Archivist
- Being flexible with time spent between Pall Mall, Woodcote Park and the archives
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience working in Motor Heritage
- Specialist knowledge of collections, archiving and managing heritage collections
- Demonstrable experience of curating a collection
- Excellent communication and writing skills, plus the ability to interact with all stakeholders
- Passion for all things motoring
- Full driving license
- Experience in managing in-house event and exhibitions
- Previous experience managing a team, sometimes remotely
- Proficient IT skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our Pall Mall clubhouse in the heart of London, we’re passionate about pioneering ever higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.