Front End Web Developer
Woodcote Park, Epsom
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Royal Automobile Club is currently looking for a Front End Web Developer to bring technical expertise to the IT team. Based in Epsom with occasional travel to our Pall Mall clubhouse this role is responsible for the successful delivery of projects therefore the successful candidate must be comfortable working autonomously and liaising with multiple stakeholders.
Role responsibilities include:
- Delivery of the front end user interface (UI) of IT projects such as websites and online applications
- Working closely with project team(s) to provide the technical expertise to define and deliver the desired UI and user experience (UX) for system/projects
- Transition of delivered IT projects into BAU support, including 2/3rd line
- Ongoing development and support of existing/legacy business applications.
- Determining the optimal structure and design of web pages
- Defining the optimal user experience, balancing design and function and maintaining the Club’s brand
- Design, build and testing responsive user interfaces (Primarily in WordPress)
- Building reusable code for future use/development
- Engage with the user community, in a courteous and helpful way, to understand the business requirements.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to ensure synergy with the clubs’ external partners.
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrable previous front end development experience
- Understanding of server side CSS
- Experience with graphic design applications (such as Adobe CS)
- Has a good understand of key design principles
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Understand the principles of SEO
- Excellent problem solving skills
- WordPess experience is highly desirable
- Experience working with version control/code repositories such as Git
- Experience working on an agile environment/understanding of SDLC and agile development processes
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Understanding of project management processes.
- Experience of using an enterprise CRM system
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.