Family Facility Assistant Manager
Woodcote Park, Epsom
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Royal Automobile Club is opening a fantastic new Walled Garden Family Facility in Spring 2021. With an indoor pool, outside play areas and activities, tennis courts and a café this is an exciting new addition to the estate and as such we are looking for enthusiastic team members to offer exceptional service to our members.
Reporting to the Walled Garden Manager this role is responsible for devising a diverse and evolving programme of activities for junior members from 0-12 years old and ensuring the Walled Garden facility is consistently delivering exceptional service to our members.
This role will commence on 15th February 2021. The Family Facility is due to open at the end of March 2021 however it will be subject to Government guidelines therefore these dates may be subject to change.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that a full and wide ranging programme is planned, maintained and reviewed at all times with the junior member experience at the heart of all decisions
- Lead a team of external instructors and coaches to ensure high quality consistent standards are maintained in service, feel and experience, in line with Leading Quality Assurance benchmarking targets
- Oversee the service level agreement between the club and external contractors for sport and activity provision within the Walled Garden
- To oversee the operation of the crèche facility booking system, working in close proximity with the WG crèche provider
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure that a comprehensive programme flows throughout the site and is communicated and marketed appropriately in line with club standards
- Facilitate and drive member sales for Woodcote Juniors and full memberships
- Work in line with other Senior Staff at the Walled Garden to ensure all aspects of operation are covered and efficient
- Ensure all safeguarding measures are being taken to protect members and staff alike.
- Ensure Member journey and experience, are of the highest quality, consistently meeting the standards and expectations of Royal Automobile Club Members
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous demonstrable experience in a supervisory/management role, ideally in a leisure environment
- Experience of planning programmes of activities for children
- High level of communication skills and confident dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Passionate about leading a team delivering high class customer service at all times
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Knowledge of leisure programming and booking systems
- Experience in being innovative and coming up with new ideas
- Strong team player
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.