Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club is opening a fantastic new Walled Garden Family Facility in Spring 2021. With an indoor pool, outside play areas and activities, tennis courts and a café this is an exciting new addition to the estate and as such we are looking for enthusiastic team members to offer exceptional service to our members.
We are looking for Recreational Assistants to be responsible for the day to day operation of the Walled Garden poolside and activities areas. Reporting into the Recreation Supervisor this is a pivotal customer facing role delivering the highest standards of service.
This role will commence on either the 22nd or 29th March ready for opening.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Take personal responsibility for all standards of service across the Walled Garden with particular attention to cleanliness and hygiene
- Always provide an exceptional member experience
- Effective communication with all members of the team to ensure consistency and completion of actions
- Operate poolside lifeguarding duties on a cyclical loop
- To operate the café POS and server areas with the Walled Garden Facility
- To operate the creche facility booking system working in close proximity with the creche provider
- Maintain the Walled Garden facilities to the highest standards ensuring that all items of maintenance and housekeeping are reported and follow through
- Be flexible with shifts and cover sessions to the benefit of the Club and Walled Garden
- Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety policy with a special focus on pool safety
Our ideal candidate:
- A NPLQ Lifeguarding qualification is essential
- Ideally a Sports Industry qualification
- Demonstrable previous experience in delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of working in the leisure or hospitality industry with knowledge of leisure programming and booking systems
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organised, adaptable and flexible in always putting the member experience first
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
Please note this role is based on shifts of 40 hours across 5 days
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.