Chef de Rang / Section Waiter
Woodcote Park, Epsom
Can you confidently manage a section of a restaurant in taking orders, serving food and ensuring our members receive excellent service at all times? Can you multitask, work under pressure all with a smile on your face?
If so then we would like to hear from you. Our exclusive clubhouse in Epsom is looking for an experienced, organised and detail-oriented Chef de Rang / Section Waiter to join us in one of our restaurants. Working with a fantastic team you will be passionate about delivering the best experience to our members.
This role is anticipated to start early to mid April.
Role Responsibilities include:
- To deliver an excellent dining experience for members and guests, ensuring high levels of customer service and professionalism at all times
- Assist and supervise members of staff in order to provide a good standard of service
- Prepare your section to set standards prior to service, ensuring all mise en place is fully prepared, carrying out daily schedules and collecting required items from stores
- Engage in polite professional conversations with members and guests, using the members name and title as appropriate at every opportunity
- Seek opportunities to deliver above and beyond, and promote other areas and services within the club
- Keep up to date with all food and beverage menus, current promotions and new products to enable you to serve and recommend to our members and guests
- Receive comments, complements and complaints from members and ensure that these are passed to the manager on duty to action
- Ensure that all member orders are recoded correctly and put through the EPOS system accurately
- Handle payments from members ensuring that the correct itemised bill is presented and payment is received and processed according to departmental standards
- Comply and enforce the law in respect of the Licensing Act as applies to the Royal Automobile Club
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous demonstrable experience delivering 5* service in a similar environment
- Passionate about delivering first-class customer service
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to multi task
- Pride in doing the best job you can
- Team player
- Hold a basic (Level One) food hygiene qualification and a NVQ in Food Service
- An awareness of Licensing Laws
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.