Applications Support Engineer - Epsom Based
Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club is currently looking for an Application Support Engineer to join a team supporting the organisation’s systems applications, network and hardware. Based in Epsom with occasional travel to our Pall Mall clubhouse, this role is two fold:
1 - Responsible primarily for first- and second-line support with the expectation of becoming a future subject matter expert in areas specific to the club.
2 – Delivering and managing technical projects such as migration to cloud services and upgrading hardware.
Applicant must be very confident working on their own and working intimately with all levels of stakeholders as part of a team when required and be available to participate in an on-call rota.
Please note this role is office based.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain technology and systems used by the Club
- Support IT projects with the selection and installation of new software, hardware and associated peripheral device drivers
- Provide a Help Desk service to support Club staff, members and IT providers used by the Club
- Respond to support requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Assist in the production and upkeep of all technical documentation in line with company standards
- Ensure that all calls are updated with detailed information and resolved within SLA’s
- Participate in the Service Desk out of hours shift rota
Our ideal candidate:
Must have demonstrable hands on experience with Oracle Opera Property Management and Oracle Micros Simphony POS.
- Windows Server and services including Active Directory, DHCP and DNS
- Hardware troubleshooting including printers, desktops, laptops and network equipment
- CompTIA Network+ level knowledge of networking and experience using switches (preferably HPE/Aruba or Juniper)
- Office 365 administration and application support
- Remote administration and desktop support
- Hyper-V management and configuration
- Knowledge of communication tools (Skype, Zoom, Teams)
- Knowledge of collaboration tools (SharePoint/Teams)
- Experience of physical network cabling including rack/frame wiring and termination
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate clearly and simply both at a technical and business level
- Experience in the hospitality or leisure industry
- Azure administration
- Experience of sport and leisure software (e.g Core by Premier)
- VOIP Telephony (preferably Mitel 3300)
- Industry Certifications (Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco, etc.)
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme