Gardener / Horticulturist
Woodcote Park, Epsom
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
At the Royal Automobile Club we are looking for a passionate Horticulturist to join our dedicated Gardening Team for our Country Club, set in a 350 acre estate in Epsom.
The Gardens at Woodcote Park are undergoing a complete restoration spanning many years and this unique opportunity encompasses not only general garden maintenance but also elements of soft & hard landscaping and the creation of bespoke planting schemes.
Working in a dynamic environment, with a broad palette of plants and an innovative style of garden management, will give the right candidate plenty of opportunities for professional development.
Role responsibilities include:
- To implement the day to day order of works to ensure gardens are at the required standard
- Liaise with Head Gardener on the upkeep and maintenance of estate grounds and gardens
- Manage all the estate garden areas in accordance with the Club’s best practice (beds, borders, hedges, lawns, containers, etc…)
- Ensure all Health & Safety systems protect and promote a safe working environment
- Communicate clearly & respectfully to members on issues relating to the gardens
Our ideal person:
- Demonstrable passion and interest in horticulture
- Horticulture qualification – NVQ 2 or RHS level 2 or equivalent work experience
- Full driving licence essential
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing gardens to high standard
- Demonstrable managing annuals, perennials, shrubs, etc.
- Previous experience in identifying plant pest and diseases
- Experience in pruning
- Proven experience in using handheld machinery
- Desirable previous experience in woodland gardens or forestry along with chainsaw licence
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
- Staff accommodation potentially available
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.