Bar Manager - 19th Hole
Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club is a Private Members Club with a stunning 350 acre estate in the Surrey Hills boasting an array of hospitality and leisure facilities.
We are looking for an experienced Bar Manager to lead an experienced and successful team in the 19th Hole delivering exceptional food, drinks and service at all times. This is a varied outlet offering a different experience to our members including themed food weeks, quiz nights and a more relaxed environment.
Role responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all members and guests are welcomed in a polite and helpful manner and address all guests in the correct manner
- Maintain and implement standard operating procedures to ensure that service excellence is achieved and members enjoy a positive dining experience
- Contribute ideas for promotions and seek opportunities to enhance sales
- Ensure the 19th Hole, spike bar, halfway huts and all its contents are maintained in a clean state and in good repair at all times, any faults should be reported directly to the relevant departments.
- Recruit, train and manage the team to ensure that each team member is motivated, engaged and fulfilling their potential
- Prepare budgetary plans for the department, maintaining spending within the budget and monitoring actual and forecasted budgets on a monthly and weekly basis
- Plan and produce rotas so as to ensure that the right levels of service are maintained and costs in line with the budget
- Conduct a daily briefing to ensure all employees are kept informed of important events, promotions and department/company performance
Our ideal candidate:
- Extensive demonstrable experience of high end bar management
- Previous experience managing large teams in a busy operational environment
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Knowledge of licensing laws
- Ability to develop incentives and training plans for the teams throughout the year
- Ability to develop incentives and themes for the restaurants throughout the year
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with all stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail
- Flexible, organised and adaptable at all times
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Discretionary bonus
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our Epsom clubhouse in the heart of the Surrey Hills, we’re passionate about pioneering ever higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.