IT Support Team Leader
Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club one of the world’s foremost private members clubs is currently looking for an IT Support Team Leader to join our expanding IT team, based in Epsom but with occasional travel to London.
As an IT Support Team Leader, you will be responsible for operational support and providing hands on 1st and 2nd line technical support to approx. 500 users, you will also be providing day to day oversight of the IT Support functions ensure that SLAs are met. The successful person is expected to assist in the architecture and system enhancements, replacement, and development. This is a technical role.
Previous experience as in a similar senior technical role is essential as the IT Support Team Leader will have three direct reports and be responsible for overseeing, mentoring and leading junior team members.
Please note this role is office based.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Provide a Help Desk service to support Club staff and members and IT providers used by the Club
- Respond to support requests in a timely and courteous manner, resolving 80% or more incoming support calls at first point of contact
- Manage and maintain technology and systems used by the Club.
- Support IT projects with the installation of software, hardware and associated peripheral device drivers
- Assist with the maintenance of Microsoft Exchange and domain configuration
- Assist in the production and upkeep of all technical documentation in line with company standards.
- Assist the Application team where necessary
- Participate in the Service Desk out of hours shift rotas as directed
Our ideal candidate:
- Worked in a 2nd/3rd line technical role looking to move into IT Management, whilst still remaining hands on and a point of escalation for the support engineers
- Comfortable with MCSA (Server 2012 or 2016) & ITIL Concepts
- Demonstrated experience in Windows Server 2008 - 2016, Windows 10, Office 365, Exchange, Azure, networking and VoIP (preferably Mitel).
- Knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SAML, Auth0)
- Experience of virtualisation (preferably Hyper-V) and backup infrastructure (preferably Veeam)
- In-depth use and understanding of Microsoft environments (O365 in including Group Policy, Windows 10, Office, Teams, SharePoint, etc.).
- CRM systems – Salesforce or Dynamics experience.
- Supporting and maintaining an enterprise network, including Firewalls, Routers, APs etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking LAN/WAN (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Understanding of application architecture / OSI model
- Understanding of Audio Visual systems (Sky / coax distribution / video control systems)
- Experience of PowerShell/automation would be preferable, but not essential
- An industry relevant certification such as an IT degree, MCP, MCSA, MCSE. ITIL, VCP or similar is advantageous
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Discretionary bonus
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.