Banqueting Head Waiter
Woodcote Park, Epsom
Woodcote Park is our exquisite Country Estate in the beautiful Surrey Hills. Offering a luxurious environment it is home to a variety of events including small private parties, weddings, conferences, committee events and our flagship event Derby Day. We average over 40,000 covers a year in banqueting alone.
We are now looking for a Banqueting Head Waiter to join us in delivering a consistent and professional conference or banqueting experience that is memorable and leaves members and their guests feeling highly satisfied.
It is imperative that the successful candidate has previous experience in banqueting including managing events for up to 1000 people.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Prepare the banqueting rooms to set standards prior to service, ensuring all mise en place is fully prepared
- Setting up AV equipment where required
- Carry out daily schedules and organising banqueting casual staff as required
- Meet & greet organisers in polite professional manner, using name and title as appropriate at every opportunity
- Deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all members and guests, anticipating their needs, so as to leave them with a positive experience
- Ensure you understand menu and wines being served and you are up to date with your knowledge about Audio visual operation.
- Handle payments from members/guests during cash functions, ensuring that the correct itemised bill is presented and payment is received and processed according to departmental standards
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous banqueting experience in a similar luxury environment working to tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of managing casual staff and organising schedules
- Extensive experience in managing breakfast, lunch, dinner sittings, conferences and weddings on a large scale
- Setting up bars, beverage dispense with strong stock control
- Accountable for delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- NVQ or equivalent in Food Service or Customer Service desirable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly presentable with good communication skills
- Team player
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.