Woodcote Park, Epsom, Pall Mall, London
The Royal Automobile Club has 17,000 vibrant and engaged members who all delight in making the most of their private members club. With an array of activities and events these are organised and governed by individual Committees across both Woodcote Park in Epsom and Pall Mall in London.
This is a pivotal role acting as the secretary to the Club’s House Committees’ and Activity Committees’/Groups and providing comprehensive administrative support in the form of minute taking, preparing committee papers, circulating paperwork in a timely manner, setting dates for meetings and managing Committee Member appointment/retirement dates. In addition, to provide secretarial support to the Chairmen of the House Committees.
Please note this is a role requiring flexibility as committees sit at various times throughout the month including evenings.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Ensure meetings are set up in line with Club standards, e.g. agendas prepared, all appropriate paperwork requested from staff, collated and distributed to participants, technology checked and working before the meeting etc
- Minute-taking – fast turnaround of accurate minutes or actions arising
- Engage with Committee members to coordinate their input into documents/meeting agendas to include pulling data into Excel and Word formats and the creation of high quality documents, graphs, trends etc
- Oversee management of committees’ correspondence including email and mail, particularly with members ensuring timely and accurate responses
- To work with the Activity Committees’ Events Manager to ensure the Activity Committees’ Calendar is kept up to date
- Diary management for the Chairmen of the Woodcote Park and Pall Mall Committee.
- Compilation, consolidation, formatting, proofreading, finalisation and distribution of documents, especially letters for the Chairmen of the Woodcote Park and Pall Mall Committees
- Assist Head of Board of Governance with the organisation of Board papers, Board meetings and official club events
- If required, to minute Board meetings
- Occasional attendance at Club events such as the AGM and annual Committees Dinner
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous extensive experience in a secretarial or PA role
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office including advanced skills in Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Demonstrable experience in setting up a formal meeting, papers required, etc.
- Experience of preparing Committee Meeting Papers and minute taking
- Experience of managing the creation and assimilation of multiple documents at one time
- Comfortable reacting to urgent and unexpected demands and juggling priorities accordingly
- Proven team player with a can-do, collaborative approach
- High levels of integrity, confidentiality and good judgement
- A demonstrable proactive approach with strong planning, implementation and multi-tasking skills, ability to work to deadlines and experience in manage conflicting priorities
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organisation
- Calm demeanour and capable of working well under pressure
- Shuttle bus to and from Epsom station
- Free meals on duty
- Staff Fund
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Life assurance
- European RAC Cover
- Perkbox discount scheme
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our clubhouses we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.