Senior IT Support Engineer
Woodcote Park, Epsom
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Royal Automobile Club is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join a team supporting the organisation’s network, systems applications, and hardware. Based in Epsom with occasional travel to our Pall Mall clubhouse, this role is responsible primarily for second- and third-line support with the expectation of becoming a future subject matter expert in areas specific to the club.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working with all levels of stakeholders as part of a team or autonomously when required and be available to participate in an on call rota.
Please note this role is office based in Epsom with regular travel to Pall Mall.
Role responsibilities include: (Service Delivery/Operation)
- Manage and maintain technology and systems used by the Club.
- Support IT projects with the installation of software, hardware and associated peripheral device drivers
- Assist with the maintenance of our Office 365 tenant and AD Domain configuration
- Provide a Help Desk service to support Club staff and members and IT providers used by the Club
- Respond to support requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist in the production and upkeep of all technical documentation in line with company standards.
- Assist the Development team where necessary
- Ensure that all calls are updated with detailed information and resolved within SLA’s
- Participate in the Service Desk out of hours shift rota as directed
Our ideal candidate:
- MCSA Level Knowledge of Windows Servers & Services (including AD, DHCP, DNS)
- Good Knowledge of Authentication Technologies (ADFS, NAP/RADIUS, SAML)
- Understanding of Enterprise WiFi Solutions (preferably Ruckus)
- Hardware Engineering Experience (Printers, Servers, UPS, End User Compute, MDM)
- Azure Fundamentals / AZ-900 Level Knowledge of MS Azure IaaS / PaaS
- CompTIA Network+ Level knowledge of networking, and experience using firewalls, switches, and routers (preferably Fortinet, Juniper, HPE/Aruba)
- Experience of network design and management (including MPLS, VLANS, subnetting)
- Office 365 Administration / Applications
- Experience of using PowerShell for automation and management of services
- Experience of working in a multisite environment utilizing remote support technologies (VPN, RDP, TeamViewer)
- Knowledge of communications tools (Skype for Business, Zoom, Teams)
- Knowledge of collaboration tools (SharePoint/Teams, OneDrive for Business)
- Experience of physical network cabling (including rack/frame wiring & termination)
- Basic Knowledge of Linux (Preferably Ubuntu 18.04+, RHEL 8 / CentOS 7+ but other distros considered)
- Experience in hospitality or leisure industry
- Understanding of EPOS (Oracle, Micros, Simphony)
- Understanding of PMS products (preferably Opera PMS)
- AZ-103/AZ104 Azure Qualification
- MCSA Certification in MS Windows Server 2012 R2 or above
- CompTIA A+ / Network+ / Security+
- Telephony (PBX, IP & Analogue, Mitel 3300 preferably)
- Cisco CCNA / Juniper JNCIA Certification
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for technology
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and the ability to articulate clearly and simply both at a technical and business level
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.