Woodcote Park, Epsom, Pall Mall, London
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Royal Automobile Club has an extraordinarily diverse estate; a glorious Grade 2 star Listed Edwardian “Town clubhouse” in Pall Mall and a Grade 2 Listed “Country Club” set in 350 acres sporting estate in the Downlands of Woodcote Park, Epsom.
With a variety or outlets serving food and drink to our members it is vital that our staff deliver exceptional service at all times.
We are looking for a Trainer to work together with the F&B Management team to develop and provide a comprehensive Food & Beverage training and development process that is aligned with our business goals and values.
This role will be based in Woodcote Park, Epsom but regular travel to Pall Mall will be required.
Role Responsibilities include:
- To ensure all employees are trained to the Club’s core standards so that they have the skills and capability to consistently deliver the world's finest member experience
- To preserve and maintain the consistent standards of service of the F&B outlets in all aspects of the operation
- Coordinate and be responsible for all training activities which shall include; planning of training, implementation of training, evaluation of training, and getting feedback of training
- Spend 60% on the floor, observing service standards, coaching and guiding staff
- 40% will be spent in classroom training to correct some of the issues identified.
- Develops new SOPs when needed or when new procedures are implemented.
- Implement SOP checklist /evaluation tracking system and ensure outlet trainers are completing it correctly
- Plans and coordinates any up-coming training programmes
- Performs other training – related duties as assigned by the management
- Build an engaging and positive attitude culture
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrable experience in a quality restaurant or hotel environment
- Extensive customer service experience
- Previous experience in a training role
- Experience in planning and developing training materials
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office package
- Good communicator and good command of the English language with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues within a busy Hospitality environment
- Be calm and level-headed
- Friendly, cheerful, positive and self-driven
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Life assurance
- European RAC Cover
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Interest free season ticket loan
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our clubhouses we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.