Banqueting Administration Assistant
Pall Mall, London
We are looking for a highly organised individual, with an interest in Banqueting and Events, to join our fantastic team here at the Royal Automobile Club, Pall Mall.
You will be responsible for the integrity, presentation and timely distribution of all invoices to members and guests functions, to liaise with the Banqueting & Events Reservations Manager to ensure that all billing tasks are carried out efficiently and to provide administrative support to the team in day-to-day running of the banqueting and events office.
The main accountabilities of this role include:
- To ensure that all Opera jobs have been charged in accordance with the instructions on the banqueting and events programmes, and to check with the Banqueting and Events Manager before closing these. Occasionally this may involve making correcting entries using Micros.
- To ensure that all Club charges have been billed and, where appropriate, checked out of Opera before period end.
- To collate and forward to Accounts any charging lists where payments are split across multiple membership numbers, ensuring where possible that the layout of this data is always in the appropriate template format.
Resource Planning/People Management
- Assist the Accounts department on member’s queries relating to banqueting and events.
- To forward banqueting and events information as requested following telephone, e-mail or written enquiries with the relevant information onto the Banqueting and Events Co-ordinating.
- Dealing with telephone or email queries from members and organisers of functions regarding their accounts and/or function invoices, demonstrating high levels of customer service at all times.
- Sending out general information letters and banqueting packs when required.
- To provide administrative support to the team in day-to-day running of the banqueting and events office, by following accepted work practice.
- To print the weekly event pack and to all relevant departments every Wednesday afternoon
- Receive and respond to member queries, feedback and complaints and where possible resolve the matter, before reporting them to a senior manager where appropriate
- To ensure office routines relating to filing and any record keeping are carried out accurately and efficiently
Health and Safety/Compliance
- Comply with and enforce the law in respect of the Licensing Act as applies to the Royal Automobile Club
- Be fully conversant with and comply with the rules of the Club Health & Safety Policy.
Invoices are completed and sent out within 2-3 weeks of function ends