Assistant Capital Projects Manager
Woodcote Park, Epsom
The role will assist the Capital Projects team in the planning and implementation of construction projects at the Royal Automobile Club. The role as Assistant Capital Projects Manager covers a wide array of tasks including the planning, production and administration of day to day construction project tasks.
The position forms part of a small Capital Projects team which manages a variety of capital project improvement works to both the Pall Mall & Woodcote Park Clubhouses. The key goal is to help ensure effective delivery of projects on time, within budget and to high level of quality. The Assistant Capital Projects Manager will report directly to the Capital Project Manager.
The role sits in the Woodcote Clubhouse, Epsom but will require travel to Pall Mall, London.
- Assist in undertaking project assessments from conception to completion.
- Assist in examining the fabric of the buildings, services and developing suitable work packages.
- Assess & develop work plans to reduce their impact on existing Club’s operations.
Project Delivery & Monitoring
- Undertaking daily project delivery tasks to assist with facilitating capital projects including, site reviews, project monitoring and overseeing site operations.
- Implement project management procedures and assist with project review, recording and reporting on project progress.
- Manage, monitor and review the work of Contractors and Consultants though the life of the project.
- Maintain systems of working with responsibility for tracking and recording requests for information, project instructions & change management.
- Review and implement statutory requirements.
- Providing clerical support to the Capital Project Team to help in the delivery of the departmental needs.
- Printing out documents and drawings and preparing them for distribution of in the preparation of material for presentation and other purposes
- Maintaining data records and files, organising and archiving of project information and Legal documentation.
- Prepare and deliver reports on designated capital projects to the House Committee and key project Stakeholders.
- Develop effective communication for key stakeholders, develop & discuss project phasing and progress.
- Communicating with different Departments within the Club and maintain good working relationships.
- Helping to coordinate and manage the project delivery team, including Consultants and Contractors & throughout the project delivery process.
- Assist in apprising project costs and preparing capital expenditure programme.
- Deliver projects within budget, highlighting an reducing risks at an early stage.
- Monitor contract variations from a cost perspective and participate in value engineering meetings when appropriate.
- Evaluate requests for payment and sign off invoices to Contractors and Consultants.
- Ensure each project meets defined objectives, aims and outcomes and project milestones.
- Assist in proposing continuous improvement ideas for all aspects of the estate.
Health and Safety / Compliance
- Responsible for maintaining levels of health and safety in accordance with legislation, building regulations and Club policies.
- Ensure Clubhouse rules and bye-laws are adhered to at all times, e.g. dress code, mobile phone usage etc.
- Attend Health and Safety training and other relevant training programmes where necessary.
Qualifications & Training
- Degree or equivalent qualification in construction/property
- RICS/CIOB/RIBA/APM membership status
- Experience of planning submissions.
- Managing a mixture of new builds and refurbishment works.
- Technical knowledge of building construction and M&E Services.
- Health & safety practices and legislation.
- Financial management and budget control.
- Good working knowledge of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of procurement strategies.
- Preparing and managing Consultant/Contractor Tenders.
- Good understanding of Contract Management.
- Practical working knowledge of dealing with Estate wide Property Management issues.
- Knowledge of construction risk & the management of risk.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills.
- Complex problem solving.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good ICT skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage, build and improve stakeholder relationships.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Personal Initiative.
- A passion for continuous improvement.
- Working as part of a committed team.
- Benefits Include
- Generous pension
- Staff fund
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan