Woodcote Park, Epsom
Role Purpose Statement:
To deliver squash services and ensure excellent levels of service and memorable sports experiences are delivered to the members of the Royal Automobile Club.
The Squash Professional is a key member of the squash team responsible for creating an environment of first-class member services and coaching standards to attract, grow and retain a vibrant community of squash-playing Club members. He/she will deliver high quality squash activities.
To support and deliver initiatives from the Head Squash Professional, the Sports & Wellbeing Manager, Chief Operating Officer, Club Secretary, Chairman of Cedars Sports Committee and assist in continuously developing all aspects of the Club’s Squash business. To provide clear communication to staff and members on operational matters regarding squash.
Promote the community aspect for the Squash section.
This role requires considerable on-court coaching of squash to members, both in lessons and group coaching as well as administrative skills in managing junior programs, leagues and team responsibilities. The majority of this work will need to take place at times convenient to the members and so a successful applicant will need to commit to work evenings and weekends.
- To take personal responsibility for the standards of service in their squash activities, assist in the staging of squash events, assist the Head Squash Professional in the administration of the squash leagues, lead in the development and implementation of a junior squash programme and the delivery of the teaching programme to members and their guests.
- To support the requirements of the Cedars Sports Chairman and the various Committee members, and to assist the Head Professional to action all relevant points from meetings and report any issues.
- To communicate and promote squash services to members, guests, and visitors and to keep the Squash team fully updated.
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained in service, goods and products, physical assets, and operations.
- To deal with member, guest, and visitor queries and to represent Club at events and competitions.
- Assist in the selling, organising, and delivery of squash events.
- Working as a key squash team member, promote and market the squash services, including weekly programme, club sessions, matches, leagues and tournaments through effective member communication and social interaction
- Successful delivery of Junior programme, Club sessions, individual and group coaching sessions.
- Attend and participate, where appropriate, in squash events, such as matches and tournaments, acting as an ambassador for the Royal Automobile Club
- To ensure seamless communication and coordination with Banqueting and F&B Operations with regards to all squash activities that you are organising.
- Attend and participate in Club events which complement the position, such as New Member evenings, Q&A forums, and all appropriate representation, acting as an ambassador for the Royal Automobile Club when participating in, or attending, squash events.
- Assist the Head Squash professional in the upkeep and development of the squash facilities.
- Receive and respond to member queries, feedback, and complaints and where possible resolve the matter, before reporting them to the Head Squash Professional where appropriate.
- Maintain the squash facilities to the highest standard, ensuring that all items of maintenance and housekeeping are reported and followed through.
- Demonstrate an attention to detail that befits a high-quality service.
Health and Safety/Compliance
- Ensure compliance with the rules of the Clubhouses Health and Safety Policy.
- Assist the Head Squash Professional to monitor squash section policies and procedures, ensuring they are being adhered to.
- Assist the Head Squash Professional in designing, proposing and implementing programmes which will increase utilisation of squash at the Club, in particular - junior squash, the coaching offering and further development of leagues, competitions, and tournaments.
- To provide clear communication on the direction of squash services at the Club and have responsibility for the implementation of the agreed actions.
- In conjunction with the Head Squash Professional advise and implement agreed squash projects and enhancements to facilities.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of involvement in delivering a squash programme
- Positive attitude, highly motivated, passionate and organised individual
- Minimum level 2 Squash Coaching Qualification – ideally level 3
- Minimum county standard player
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong communication skills and IT competent
Benefits include: (after qualifying period)
- Competitive salary including lesson commissions
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- European RAC Cover
- Perkbox discount scheme