Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club is currently looking for a Solutions Architect to join a team. This is a wide ranging and key role in the IT management team responsible for creating and delivering business solutions. Based in Epsom with occasional travel to our Pall Mall clubhouse. The successful candidate must have the ability to design technical solutions in an inclusive and participatory manner, to negotiate with and influence other design parties (business stakeholders, software developers, third party suppliers), to reconcile technical and business considerations in order to arrive at the optimal solution.
• Work with business to understand the need and document requirements
• Research, design and deliver new systems
• Manage and maintain technology standards
• Be the technical lead in IT projects with the installation of software, hardware and associated peripheral device drivers
• Assist in the production and upkeep of all technical documentation in line with company standards.
• Prior experience of designing and successfully implementing cloud hosted systems.
• Provable experience of cybersecurity design principles and industry standards
• MCSA Level Knowledge of Windows Servers & Services (including AD, DHCP, DNS)
• Good Knowledge of Authentication Technologies (ADFS, NAP/RADIUS, SAML)
• Understanding of EPOS (Oracle, Micros, Simphony)
• Understanding of PMS products (preferably Opera PMS)
• Hardware Engineering Experience (Printers, Servers, UPS, End User Compute, MDM)
• CompTIA A+ / Network+ / Security+
• Experience of network design and management (including MPLS, VLANS, subnetting)
• Good PowerShell for automation and management of services
• Experience of working in a multisite environment utilizing remote support technologies (VPN, RDP, TeamViewer)
• Knowledge of collaboration tools (SharePoint/Teams, OneDrive for Business)
• AZ-103/AZ104 Azure Qualification
• MCSA Certification in MS Windows Server 2012 R2 or above
• Telephony (PBX, IP & Analogue, Mitel 3300 preferably)
• Cisco CCNA / Juniper JNCIA Certification
• Demonstrable enthusiasm for technology
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to establish positive working relationships and influence and persuade at all levels. Ability to work successfully within a team, whilst upholding the values of the club.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information clearly and effectively.
• Generous pension
• Employer paid health cash plan
• Staff fund
• Free meals on duty
• Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
• Perkbox discount scheme
• European RAC cover
• Interest free season ticket loan
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.