Front End Developer
Woodcote Park, Epsom
Founded in 1897, the Royal Automobile Club is regarded as one of the nation's finest private members' clubs. We are recruiting for a Front End Developer to help continue the Club's digital journey. Working within the applications team, the role is primarily responsible for the delivery of rich, engaging and streamlined digital experiences for both members and staff.
Working within the IT Team, you will provide technical expertise in the following areas
- Delivery of the front end user interface (UI) of IT projects such as websites and online applications.
- Working closely with project team(s) to provide the technical expertise to define and deliver the desired UI and user experience (UX) for system/projects
- Transition of delivered IT projects into BAU support, including 2/3rd line
- Ongoing development and support of existing/legacy business applications.
Your particular responsibilities will include
- Determining the optimal structure and design of web pages
- Defining the optimal user experience, balancing design and function and maintaining the Club’s brand
- Design, build and testing responsive user interfaces
- Building reusable code for future use/development
- Support, maintain and develop legacy front end/web based applications
- Carry out the technical development of IT systems to meet business requirements, in line with the Club’s defined data and applications architecture.
- Engage with the user community, in a courteous and helpful way, to understand the business requirements.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to ensure synergy with the clubs’ external partners.
- Research and analysis to identify appropriate ways to meet business requirements with solutions that comply with the Club’s defined applications architecture.
- Plan the detailed tasks of technical development sprints.
- Provide regular project update reports and highlight issues with proposed options.
- Participate in the selection of systems and technology.
Key Skills and Experience
- Two years front end development experience
- Understanding of server side CSS
- Experience with graphic design applications (such as Adobe CS)
- Understand key design principles
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Understand the principles of SEO
- Excellent problem solving skills
- WordPress experience is highly desirable
- Experience working with version control/code repositories such as Git and Azure DevOps
- Experience working on an agile environment/understanding of SDLC and agile development processes
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of project management processes
- Experience of using an enterprise CRM system