Sports Manager, Walled Garden
Woodcote Park, Epsom
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
We are looking for a Sports Manager to be responsible for the day to day running of the Walled Garden Operation, seeking to ensure the very highest standards of service to Woodcote Juniors, Members and Guests.
To take personal responsibility for all standards of service across the Walled Garden, the development of the Woodcote Juniors events programme within the Walled Garden, private events (such as birthday parties), the delivery of the teaching programme, sports camps and the day to day relationship management of the Creche provider.
To support and deliver initiatives from the Sports and Wellbeing Manager, Director of Operations, CEO and Cedars Sports Chairman. To provide clear communication to staff and members on operational matters.
- Support the Sports and Wellbeing Manager to prepare budgetary plans for the Walled Garden at Woodcote Park
- Overall responsibility for the sales within the Walled Garden, overseeing the teaching programme, café operation and private events programme with a view to growing revenues and maximising the attraction and retention of Woodcote Juniors
- To manage the P&L for the Walled Garden, ensuring that expenditure is maintained within approved targets
- Manage department purchasing to maintain adequate supplies, ordering replacements where necessary in good time to ensure service standards are maintained
- Ensure accurate stock count and disciplined stock control
Service Delivery/ Operations
- Lead the Walled Garden team to ensure high quality and consistent standards are maintained in service, goods and products, in line with Leading Quality Assurance benchmarking targets.
- To ensure seamless communication and coordination with Cedar Sports Management, Communications, Events, Banqueting and F&B Operations with regards to all Walled Garden functions
- Ensure that the booking management and point of sale systems are monitored and controlled in order to provide smooth and consistent service, both front and back office
- Attend and participate in Club events which complement the position, such as New Member evenings, Woodcote Juniors Events, and all appropriate Committee and Management representation
- To oversee the care and maintenance of all the physical assets, inventory and resources of the Walled Garden
Resource Planning/ People Management
- Support the Sports and Wellbeing Manager in recruiting and training the Walled Garden team to ensure that standards and objectives are met
- Ensure effective communication and that all team members are kept informed of important events, promotions and member matters
- Manage and support the Sports staff to carry out the tasks and activities in line with Club standards
- Ensure adequate staff cover, including management, is maintained at all times within the Walled Garden Facilities
- Carry out annual appraisals of direct reports, and provide support if required
- Supporting Disciplinary & Grievance investigations, managing absences and performance.
- Receive and respond to member queries, feedback and complaints and where possible resolve the matter, before reporting them to the Sports and Wellbeing Manager where appropriate
- Deliver the standards of service in line with club standards of operation, including member service, food and beverage presentation and delivery of activities
- Maintain the Walled Garden facilities to the highest standard, ensuring that all items of maintenance and housekeeping are reported and followed through
- In the absence of the Sports and Wellbeing Manager, represent at Senior Management level
- Attend Monthly Head of Department Meetings as Walled Garden Department representative
Health and Safety/ Compliance
- Ensure compliance with the rules of the Clubhouses Health and Safety Policy
- Ensure compliance with the rules of the Clubhouses Food Safety Policy
- Monitor sports policies and procedures, ensuring they are being adhered to
- Monitor departmental security and liaise with the security manager on relevant security matters
- Ensure the swimming pool is always fully compliant with the Club’s Normal Operating Procedure
Budget responsibility: £860k
Headcount: 4 Direct Reports