Events Assistant - Motoring Team - 12 months FTC
Woodcote Park, Epsom
We have a really exciting opportunity to join our Motoring team as an Events Assistant for a 12 month maternity cover. Based in our Epsom clubhouse with occasional travel to our Pall Mall clubhouse this role will support the Motoring Events Coordinator in a creative, developmental and administrative capacity.
Supporting the delivery of Motoring events and functions at our two clubhouses including London to Brighton Veteran Car Run, Regent Street Motor Show and the 1000 Mile Trial this is a varied role in a unique environment.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Creation of Motoring events on the Club’s Intranet database.
- Assist with the Motoring events costings and budgets for each event.
- Assist in the research, creation, administration and running of the Motoring events.
- Attend Motoring events and functions as required.
- Make function room bookings and reservations with the Banqueting Team.
- Attend internal and external meetings / tradeshows as required.
- Develop an understanding of the needs and demands of Club members through good customer relationship management engagement.
- Demonstrate and maintain high levels of customer service
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous experience of event planning and organisation
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- High level of administrative and organisational skills
- High level of customer service
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player
- Shuttle bus to and from Epsom station
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our Pall Mall clubhouse in the heart of London, we’re passionate about pioneering ever higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis, and close the role early if we have successfully appointed a candidate.