Senior Sous Chef
Woodcote Park, Epsom
Our Epsom country clubhouse with 2 kitchens, 2 restaurants and 2 additional bars is looking for an experienced Senior Sous Chef to join our busy team. Standing in for Head Chef this is an exciting position for someone who relishes producing 5 star standards of food and continually striving for perfection.
Role Responsibilities include:
- To maintain the smooth running of the kitchen operation in all outlets.
- Develop individuals to build a strong team to deliver the business requirement
- Train and Support the kitchen team Train and develop the sous, Chef de Parties, Commis and Trainees in order to consistently deliver to the expectation of both members and management.
- Lead by example to ensure that each member of the team is motivated, engaged and fulfilling their potential.
- Brief the team of important events, promotions, specific member requirements any issues from the previous day’s business in the Kitchen
- Attend monthly meetings with key team players, Sous Chefs, Pastry Chef to inform to departmental costs, payroll, food costs, year to date budget performance etc.
- Prepare menu change ideas in advance working with the team using their ideas
- Work closely with the Restaurant managers to ensure good communication and team work, front and back of house.
- Communicate daily with front of house team, internal customers with daily business events.
Our ideal candidate:
- Highly experienced as a Chef in a similar 5* environment
- Excellent leadership skills to ensure smooth running of the kitchen
- Passionate about high levels of cooking and standards
- Desire to get it right every time
- Level 3 food hygiene
- Experience of stock control and ordering
- Computer literate in Word and Excel
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast-moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis, and close the role early if we have successfully appointed a candidate.