Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club one of the world’s foremost private members clubs is currently looking for a Software Developer to join our expanding IT team, based in Epsom but with occasional travel to London, typically 1 – 2 days a month.
This role requires providing technical expertise in areas such as development and maintenance of software and software projects as well as delivering systems and projects.
Please note this role is office based. You may occasionally be required to work in the evening or at weekends, however this is uncommon and time off in lieu will be given.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance of software and software projects
- Application data integration, data migration and application customisations and configuration/workflows
- Working closely with project team provide the technical expertise to deliver the system/projects
- Transition of delivered IT projects into BAU support., including 2/3rd line
- Requirements gathering - engaging with the business, in a courteous and helpful way
- Undertake systems analysis to identify appropriate ways to meet business requirements with solutions that comply with the Club’s defined data and applications architecture
- Where required, engage with 3rd party suppliers to ensure synergy with the clubs’ external partners
- Provide regular project update reports and highlight issues with proposed options
- Participate in the selection of systems and technology
Our ideal candidate:
- Two to three years development experience
- Ability to understand and write applications/develop using an object orientated programming language - C#
- Experience creating and maintaining web APIs
- Experience with version control, ideally Git
- Experience deploying code to a cloud environment, ideally Azure
- Ability to understand and operate SOAP and REST web service methods and to use JSON and XML to interact with application data
- Understanding of SDLC and agile development processes
- HTML, CSS, SASS and PHP
- Experience working with a web CMS, ideally WordPress
- Experience of using an enterprise CRM system, ideally SalesForce
- Experience of SAML 2.0
- Understand and be able to use application workflows
- Experience working with relational database Management Systems
- Understanding of project management processes
Employer paid health cash plan
Free meals on duty
Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
Perkbox discount scheme
European RAC cover
Interest free season ticket loan
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.