Assistant Golf Professional
Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club in Epsom seeks a fully qualified PGA Professional to support the Golf Operations Team in running our 36 hole venue. The role will require 30 shop hours per week, with the rest of the time available for coaching. 75% of all coaching revenue generated by the candidate will be paid as commission.
This role requires someone with a warm and approachable persona, a desire to offer members and guests exceptional service and assistance and to be an integral part of our PGA coaching team.
Role Responsibilities include:
- To deliver, and contribute towards, coaching plans within the Club, ensuring that PGA standards are maintained, and continued career progression is sought.
- Provide excellent shop assistance for both all golf related product and the Clubs’ lifestyle merchandise.
- Help administer competition, golf society and corporate golf days through the effective management of the dedicated full-time resource within Golf Operations, concentrating on quality groups introduced and sponsored by members of the Club.
- Attend and participate in Club events, such as new Member evenings, ensuring attendance at the Club during all major tournaments, and acting as an ambassador for the Royal Automobile Club when participating in golf events.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Fully qualified by the Professional Golfers Association
- Proven experience of working in a Golf
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
The closing date for applications is 8th October, however, we will be interviewing and offering the role prior to this is we receive suitable applications – so please don’t delay in applying.