Woodcote Park, Epsom
Role Purpose Statement:
To implement tasks that ensure both golf courses are maintained to the required standard as expected by the members of The Royal Automobile Club.
· Operate equipment for fine turf maintenance programmes that ensure quality and consistency.
· Maintain standard operating procedures for the golf course against agreed Standard Operating Procedures and departmental policy.
· Liaise with the Deputy Course Manager, Head Gardener & Head Mechanic on the upkeep and maintenance of estate grounds and gardens.
· Maintain knowledge in relation to training and development.
· Manage all operations in an environmental sustainable plan.
· Ensure all Health & Safety systems protect and promote a safe working environment.
· Ensure that both golf courses are prepared appropriately for daily and competition play.
· Ensure all playing surfaces are maintained to the highest standard with resource availability.
· Ensure all areas are fit for purpose and safe for club members, guests and employees.
Resource Planning/People Management
· Utilise all work programmes to maximise benefit for turf management and is cost effective.
· Partake in work programmes that maximises resource availability.
· Maintain open communication, ensuring all team members are well informed at all times and working collaboratively with other departments.
· Ensure all work undertaken is representative of the quality expected in all areas managed on the estate so that club members experience is positive and memorable.
Health and Safety/Compliance
· Ensure compliance with the rules of the Clubhouse Health & Safety policy.
· Ensure all work practices are in line with all documented instructions and guidelines.
· Implement and monitor policies and procedures, ensuring that the teams are adhering to them.
Qualifications & Training
(Measured through external education bodies, etc. City & Guilds)
Desirable and Essential
- Full driving licence
- National Certificate
- 0 to 3 years in greenkeeping
- Clear and relevant understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- Worked on Downland golf course
- Worked at tournament venues
- Experience managing woodlands
- Experience in construction
Skills and Abilities
- Prepared to work outdoors in all seasons
- Implementing Health & Safety regulations
- Clear communicator and listener
- Team Player
- Core Behaviours
- Team Player